Welcome to OSPREY Village, Inc.
It takes a Team to build a Village!
We are a committed team of your neighbors and friends who are working to meet a critical need in our area – the lack of any group homes for “special needs” adults in southern Beaufort County. We have developed a vision and plan to build an “inclusive residential community” that will provide independent living options for intellectually challenged and developmentally disabled adults supported by senior volunteers and retirees in our area.
Our name – OSPREY Village – is actually an acronym for:
Reaching out to
- Our goal is to develop a purpose-driven neighborhood so our “special needs” citizens can live as independently as possible in an “inclusive community” in close proximity to friends and family.
- OSPREY Village will work to incorporate these adults into the larger community by providing residential options for both them and their families, retirees, other families and non-disabled persons to live in the same neighborhood and share life together.
- Community involvement in OSPREY Village, including both relatives and non-related seniors, families, other organizations, and youth, is a critical factor in its long-term financial and lifestyle success.
- OSPREY Village residences will be an integral part of the surrounding community, with activities, facilities, training opportunities and events drawing participation from seniors, families, and youth from all around our area and beyond.
- We especially want to connect our members with local seniors who have time and talent to engage our residents in training, social, and life-skills programs that foster their independence.
- We also know that many seniors are living alone and would enjoy the friendship and company of our members, who could also provide assistance to these seniors with everyday tasks around their homes.
- Likewise, we will seek to provide opportunities for young people and youth organizations to interact with our residents both as a means of outreach and personal development of life and social skills for all involved.
If you are interested in joining our team, please contact us for more information about our mission and plans and how you’d like to participate. We are looking to add some new members to our Board of Directors, especially those with development, financial or legal expertise. And check out our News and Events page to see what we’re working on now!
OSPREY Village, Inc. was founded in 2008 as a South Carolina non-profit corporation, and was approved as a 501(c)(3) tax-exempt organization in 2009. All donations are tax-deductible. (Our Federal Tax ID is 26-2967726.) You can donate to OSPREY Village via our “Donate via PayPal” link at the top of the right column on each page. Donations can also be made by check to “OSPREY Village” and mailed to:
PO Box 22854
Hilton Head Island, SC 29925
Thank you for your support!